Last week we opened the new SiGNAL Workshop whoop, whoop! This project is an important part of our vision at SiGNAL; to provide workspace in Bordon for everyone in the local community. As Whitehill & Bordon has a high number of people who work in engineering, construction and other practical, hands on fields, we want to make sure they're provided for.
Benefits of flexible workbench hire (open access workshop)
Our new open access workshop is the first of its kind in the area, however it's not a completely unique concept. I've been inspired by similar workshops in London such as Building BloQs that also provides a flexible and affordable way to work.
For many users there is no other affordable alternative, except to work outside under a tarpaulin or to take over a room at home to complete a project. These are the key benefits of the open access workshop model:
- Significantly more affordable than renting commercial space,
- Pay-as-you-go, only pay for space when you need it,
- Professional workshop, with purpose built facilities,
- Access to professional machinery and tools,
- No overheads for users, just an annual membership fee,
- Ideal for regular and one off jobs,
- Kitchen facilities and complimentary tea / coffee,
- Secure storage available on site,
- Office space also available for growing businesses.
Another USP, especially for sole traders, is the Workshop provides somewhere to work alongside other local businesses and potentially collaborate or refer work to each other. It's a social space as well as a workspace that we hope will help build the local business community as well as support our users in their jobs.
Below are some photos of our launch event last week. However if you want to see the Workshop for yourself, get in touch! Come and have a tour of the space and find out more about membership and booking a workbench. Call 01420 556335 to arrange a tour.